Run, walk, roll or sashay – everyone had a great time coming together at the PRIDE 5K to support Colorado’s LGBTQ community. The positive energy and good vibes were everywhere on Saturday, June 15!
Let’s look back at some of the highlights from race day:
And, We’re Off!
The race kicked off Denver PrideFest weekend with the largest crowd of racers we’ve ever had at the PRIDE 5K. After a quick stretch and a rousing rendition of the “Star-Spangled Banner” by John White, over 1,600 racers left the PRIDE 5K starting line under the giant rainbow flag hanging from the Colorado State Capitol.
Prizes for the top fundraisers were distributed at the race, and everyone at The Center on Colfax was blown away by what you were able to accomplish on behalf of Colorado’s LGBTQ community.
Congratulations to the following fundraising superstars:
- Top Corporate Teams: We Are Gates (First), Slalom Consulting (Second), and Lockheed Martin Pride (Third)
- Top Community Teams: Colorado State Public Defenders (First), Conga (Second), and Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends (Third)
- Top Youth Team: CHATTY GSA
- Top Individual Fundraisers: Marlee Lucero (First), Rebekah Ross (Second), and Walker Grady (Third)
With all of the fabulous outfits we witnessed on race day, it was evident that many racers came ready to have a good time at the PRIDE 5K. The contest was a blast, and congratulations to our winners.
The PRIDE 5K is a professionally timed race. Race times for all participants can be found at the following links:
We want to extend the sincerest of thank yous to all of the Denver PRIDE 5K race sponsors. They truly went above and beyond to support the race – forming teams, donating prizes, and connecting with racers. Thank you for making the event such a huge success.
- Gold Sponsors: Autodesk, Bank of the West, Gates, Noble Energy, Stride Community Health Center, Visa
- Silver Sponsors: Duality, Zayo
- Bronze Sponsors: Blvd Way Communities, CapTech, Connect for Health Colorado, El Dorado, International School of Denver, Natural Grocers, Vi at Highlands Ranch
Special shout out to team We Are Gates, who were not only the Top Corporate Team, but the highest fundraising team overall for the entire race. Thank you to Visa, the preferred payment method of the PRIDE 5K, for recruiting the largest race team in the race with over 100 registrants.
Gold Sponsors: Autodesk, Bank of the West, Gates, Noble Energy, Stride Community Health Center, Visa
Silver Sponsors: Duality, Zayo
Bronze Sponsors: Blvd Way Communities, CapTech, Connect for Health Colorado, El Dorado, International School of Denver, Natural Grocers, Vi at Highlands Ranch
Where the Funds Go
Racers participating in the PRIDE 5K raised funds for The Center on Colfax’s programs and services for Colorado’s LGBTQ community, which includes programs like Rainbow Alley (LGBTQ youth, ages 11-21), SAGE of the Rockies (older adults, age 50+), and the Trans Program (support for the trans and non-binary community).
The Center also meets critical needs in the LGBTQ community by partnering to provide free on-site services, like HIV/STI testing, PreP education, insurance navigation, legal referrals, support groups, low-income tax preparation, and mental health counseling for youth.