June 1, 2020
Videos are due by June 1, 2020, including verification of nonprofit status, if applicable.
*Please note this deadline is based on availability. Applications will no longer be accepted once the 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade is at capacity due to time constraints. We encourage you to apply early as this is a new type of event, we cannot anticipate the application response rate.
ALL VIRTUAL PARADE UNITS MUST COMPLY WITH ALL VIRTUAL PARADE RULES & RESTRICTIONS LISTED IN THIS AGREEMENT. THOSE THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH ALL RULES & REGULATIONS WILL NOT BE AIRED DURING THE LIVE BROADCAST.
Read these rules & regulations carefully. As the group contact for the parade, you are responsible for sharing this information with your group. Additional rules and/or regulations may be added at any time up until parade submittal deadline for the protection of all parade participants. Should new rules be instated, units will be notified in writing via email.
Thank you for applying for the 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade. Please read this document carefully and keep a copy for your records. By submitting an application and paying the entry fee, you are agreeing to be bound by these rules while participating in the virtual parade. These rules are created to ensure the smooth operation, protection and fair treatment of all parade participants and community members. The 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade is produced by The Center on Colfax. Proceeds from the parade go to support The Center and its year-round programs supporting the Colorado LGBTQ+ community. Denver Pride and Denver PrideFest are trademarks of The Center on Colfax. The Center holds the right to accept or refuse any entry for any reason whatsoever. Violation of any of these rules is reason to expel a virtual parade entry from the virtual parade and may result in the forfeiture of all fees.
DENVER PRIDE NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade participants agree at all times to honor and abide by the following statement of non-discrimination in word and action:
All persons associated with the 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade will provide service to individuals without regard to an individual’s sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, HIV/AIDS status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, military status, veteran status, citizenship or any other protected classification in accordance with state, federal, and municipal laws.
Anyone associated with the parade, or their employees or associates in violation of this agreement will disqualify their parade video from being aired as part of the virtual parade telecast and will forfeit all entry fees. Additionally, any actions taken or statements made to individuals or groups contrary to this policy or the spirit and intention of the this policy are not permitted in the parade, or in any communication associated with the parade.
DENVER PRIDE CODE OF CONDUCT
All persons associated with the 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade agree:
- To interact with staff, volunteers, and all persons associated with the virtual parade in a respectful manner at all times and in accordance with the non-discrimination policy agreement;
- Not to use alcohol, marijuana, or other controlled substances while participating in any capacity with the virtual parade, and remain free from the influence of such substances while participating in any capacity with the virtual parade;
- To be suitably and appropriately attired at all times, and to maintain acceptable personal hygiene;
- Not to engage in any behavior that is determined to threaten the safety of anyone participating in the virtual parade in any capacity, nor to engage in any behavior that is disruptive or interferes with the right of anyone associated with the virtual parade to conduct appropriate business or freely enjoy the festival;
- To represent the virtual parade in a positive manner at all times.
PARADE VIDEO CONTENT RULE & REGULATIONS
- Parade unit videos are intended to celebrate the Colorado LGBTQ+ community and LGBTQ+ community at large. These videos are not meant to be commercials, but rather messages of support, encouragement, and community spirit. We are encouraging community organizations, companies, entertainers, family and friends to create video content unique to this event showing their Colorado LGBTQ+ pride and how together we can come together to rise during these challenging times.
- Parade unit videos must be shot using social distancing and promote social distancing. If you have multiple people on the screen at one time in the same location, make sure they are spaced in a social distanced manner unless they are all part of one household.
- If you choose to “march” or have motion in your video please make sure it goes from the right side of your screen to the left, so we have all units in motion moving from the same direction.
- Your parade unit video submission must not go over the allotted time you applied for or it may be deemed ineligible for the virtual parade broadcast.
- Parade unit videos must be horizontally formatted. (Longways if using a phone to take video)
- Parade unit videos must be family-friendly and appropriate for all ages. (Think if it could run on a prime time, major network program, it is probably safe.)
- Parade unit videos must not contain any third-part sponsors or brands. It should only feature your organization, company, or brand. Any videos that contain multiple organizations, companies or brands not listed on your application may be deemed ineligible for the virtual parade broadcast.
- Respect copyright. Only parade unit videos that you made or that you’re authorized to use will be accepted. This means don’t submit videos you didn’t make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by others, without necessary authorizations. No licensed music should be included in your parade unit video without permission from the artist. You will need to submit music licensing approval if music is included.
- Parade unit videos must comply with all Facebook Rules & Regulations. The parade will be telecast on Facebook Live and we are looking to expand to other platforms as well. Facebook Live rules and regulations will be in place and all video content should be filmed with those restrictions in place.
Facebook’s Terms of Service do not allow people to post content that violates someone else’s intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.
Use of commercial music without appropriate clearances could result in the stream being removed from Facebook. This can happen accidentally if your stream includes background music. Feel free to use our free globally licensed library of music and sound effects.
Our Community Standards apply to live video, just as they do with other types of content on Facebook. Content that violates our policies will be removed. If you are broadcasting from a Page, Group or Event, our Pages, Groups and Events policies apply to you. If you are posting branded content, you must comply with our Branded Content policies. We define branded content as a creator or publisher’s content that features or is influenced by a business partner for an exchange of value.
- Information regarding submitting your video will be emailed after you have completed and paid for your virtual parade unit application.
- Any video submitted that does not adhere to video standards outlined above may not be broadcast in the Denver Virtual Pride Parade at the sole discretion of producer of the event, The Center on Colfax.
- Corporate Unit: Defined as a company with 100+ employees, including employee resource groups or internal organizations.
- Commercial Unit: Defined as a locally owned company or group (excluding Non-Profits) with fewer than 100 employees or members.
- Political Unit: Defined as any political party, elected official or political candidate campaigning for office.
- Nonprofit Unit: Defined as a nonprofit charitable organization or government agency as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (requires verification).
- Student Group Unit: Defined as a student group, club, organization, etc. that is part of a school or educational institution.
- Friends and Family Unit: Defined as a household, group of friends, or solo performer.
You must be at least 13 years old to submit a parade unit video. However, children of all ages may participate in parade unit videos if enabled by a parent or legal guardian. If you are under 18, you represent that you have your parent or guardian’s permission to participate in or submit a parade unit video. Please have them read this Agreement with you. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18, by allowing your child to participate in or submit a parade unite video, you are subject to the terms of this Agreement and responsible for your child’s activity in participating in the Denver Virtual Pride Parade.
The 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade is a non-partisan event. While incumbent and political candidates are welcome to participate in the parade regardless of political party or affiliation, parade unit videos do not constitute an endorsement by The Center on Colfax or Denver PrideFest of the featured political candidate.
Parade management reserves the right to decline entry to any parade unit video which violates or could be perceived to violate the IRS restriction on political campaign intervention by 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Such determination shall be in the sole discretion of the Denver Virtual Pride Parade Management, Committee and/or Center staff. Any videos which directly request fundraising for a political campaign will be denied entry and will not be broadcast.
Participants in the 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade shall indemnify and hold harmless Denver PrideFest, the GLBT Community Center of Colorado/The Center on Colfax, as well as Center board members, Center employees, Denver Pride contractors and volunteers from any claim or cause of action arising out of or in connection with the acts or omissions of the 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Parade Participant under this Agreement, and shall reimburse Denver Pride and The Center on Colfax for any costs, including but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in defense against any such claim.
It is the express purpose of the 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade to promote a positive image of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities of Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region. It is to be a celebration of the work that started with the Stonewall Uprising in New York City in 1969 and which continues today. It is a time for all elements of our community to come together as one group to honor and learn from the past while affirming our future. The Center requests all people entering the virtual parade show respect for all genders, gender identities, ages, races, cultures, creeds and sexual orientations. Please refrain from any displays or behaviors that would demean any segment of our community. The Center urges all entrants to maintain a high degree of sensitivity to and compassion for the feelings, values and views of all.
The Center encourages all participants to appear in appropriate costumes that celebrate our community pride. Unity is always the object of the parade and no entry, presentation or display that is determined to be demeaning to any sector of our community will be accepted in the parade. Denver Pride officials are the sole arbiters of any dispute over content of videos and/or apparel.
The Committee reminds all participants that all costumes and other apparel worn in the Virtual Denver Pride Parade must comply with the Obscenity Statues of the State of Colorado (C.R.S. sections 18-7-301 and 302) and the Public Decency Ordinances of the City and County of Denver (Denver Municipal Code sections 38-156 and 157).
PARADE LINE UP
The virtual parade line up, the order of entries, will be determined after the entry deadline in accordance with Denver Pride procedures. Video unit entries received after June 1, 2020 or that do not comply with the information outlined in this agreement may not be included in the live broadcast of the virtual parade.
VIRTUAL PARADE BROADCAST
The 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade will be broadcast live on Facebook via the The Center on Colfax’s Facebook page at 9:30am on Sunday, June 21, 2020. The Center on Colfax is working with other media partners to increase the reach of the virtual parade’s broadcast and may allow other media partners to simulcast the broadcast via their media outlets including but not limited to their own Facebook pages, websites, etc. The broadcast will be available for viewing on The Center on Colfax’s Facebook page after the live broadcast.
LICENSE TO THE CENTER ON COLFAX AND DENVER PRIDEFEST
By providing Content to the Denver Virtual Pride Parade, you grant to The Center on Colfax and Denver Pridefest a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to use that Content (including to reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works, display and perform it) in connection with The Center on Colfax and Denver Pridefest (and its successors’ and Affiliates’) business, including for the purpose of promoting The Center on Colfax, Denver Pridefest, and the Denver Virtual Pride Parade. The licenses granted by you continue for a commercially reasonable period of time after the conclusion of the 2020 Denver Virtual Pride Parade.
FUNDRAISING DURING THE BROADCAST
The 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade is a fundraising event for The Center on Colfax. During the broadcast, The Center on Colfax will have the opportunity to use the broadcast to implement a fundraising campaign focused on the services and programs provided by The Center on Colfax, a Colorado 501c3 non-profit. All funds raised during this broadcast will benefit The Center on Colfax and will not be shared with parade units.
In addition, all virtual unit application fees from the 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade will benefit The Center on Colfax. Funds from these fees will be used to produce the virtual parade broadcast and remaining funds will benefit The Center on Colfax.
CONDUCT OF PARADE PARTICIPANTS
It is highly recommended that all participants in the 2020 Coors Light Denver Virtual Pride Parade conduct themselves in such a manner as to promote pride in being gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender. No participant may use profanity, obscene gestures, or other improper conduct towards another participant, volunteer, parade official or viewer of the parade.
ALCOHOL AND ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES
No participant in the virtual parade will be permitted to consume any alcoholic beverage, marijuana or other substances in their video units. Use of illegal or controlled substances will not be permitted by any participant during the parade and video units will not be featured in the broadcast.
MATERIAL DISTRIBUTION ON CENTER’S WEBSITE
Similar to the material distribution fee during the standard 2020 Coors Light Denver Pride Parade, The Center on Colfax will be building a webpage to feature parade units that would like to have a link back to their organization. For an additional $50.00 fee, virtual units may supply a link, logo, and a 100 character description on their company or organization. The link can be used to take a web user to your home page, a digital coupon, Facebook link, etc. More information will be sent on how to submit this information with your application confirmation email.
No refunds will be given for this event once an applicant has completed Step 1 of the application.
As with all rules and regulations, it is impossible to anticipate each and every situation that may arise. No conduct that violates any statute of the State of Colorado or the ordinances of the City of Denver will be tolerated. Any entry violating the same will not be allowed to participate in the virtual parade. Parade management will monitor all video entries. Generally, laws are created in accordance with the standards of the community and the propriety of conduct in public. The application of commonsense to any area of concern will most times provide an appropriate and legal answer.
DECISIONS OF THE COMMITTEE
The decisions rendered by the Denver PrideFest Parade Management, Committee and/or Center staff will be final. Denver Pride maintains the right to refuse any entry or deny any application for any reason whatsoever. All entries must adhere to the Denver Pride Non-Discrimination Policy and Code of Conduct.
ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT
By accepting this agreement, participants agree to assume responsibility for the behavior of employees or unit associated with the company or organization.