Note: Performer auditions for 2018 Denver PrideFest have been completed and we are no longer accepting applications to perform. Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates for next year’s performer auditions.
Denver’s PrideFEST is the largest LGBTQ pride event in the Rocky Mountain region! You have the chance to perform for over 385,000 attendees.
AUDITIONS are Sunday March 18 at Exdo Events Center, 1399 35th St. Please invite your friends to the auditions to cheer you on and help spread the word.
PrideFEST is the weekend of June 16 and 17, 2018.
There are three stages and two days of festivities, and lots of opportunity for you to shine!
You must be 18+ to Audition.
We are no longer accepting audition applications for the Center Stage, U.S. Bank Latin Stage and DJ slots. We will accept walk-up auditions for individuals interested in performing as a GoGo Dancer on the Smirnoff Dance World Stage.
PLEASE READ 100% OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
WHEN: Sunday, March 18, 2018
WHERE: Exdo Events Center, 1999 35th St.
- Center Stage, U.S. Bank Latin Stage and DJs Check In and Register 5:30p to 6:30pm (If you don’t check in by 6:30 pm, your slot will go to someone else)
- First Round DJ auditions start at 6:00 pm
- STAGE Performer Auditions start at 6:00p
- GoGo Dancer Check In/Registration 7:00p to 8:00p
- GoGo Dancer, and Final DJ Auditions 8:30p to 10:00p
- NO LATE CHECK-INS ACCEPTED
We will be holding auditions for the following;
- Center Stage Performers
- U.S. Bank Latin Stage Performers
- DJs for the Smirnoff Dance World Stage
- GoGo Dancers for the Smirnoff Dance World Stage
- Center Stage and Latin Stage Performers
We are looking for dance troops, burlesque or boylesque acts, drag performers, singers, comedians, hula hoop performers, jugglers, contortionists and more! We are also specifically looking for some Spanish language acts for the U.S. Bank Latin Stage.
- We cannot accommodate aerialists or acts that require additional rigging.
- No fire acts allowed.
- NO bands or singers that require additional sound setup.
- Check in between 5:30 and 6:30 pm
- Please bring your music on a CD or USB. Only the song you are performing on should be on the CD or USB—no other files or music. No music on phones. Your MUST bring a CD or a USB.
- Time limit: 3 minutes. If you exceed three minutes, you will be asked to leave the stage. You will be timed.
- Are you entertaining? Do you have high energy? Do you have stage presence and connect with the audience?
- DJs check in at between 5:30pm and 6:30pm. All DJs must go through pre-screening.
- All music formats welcome including Latin, House, etc.
- Round 1: 10 minutes per DJ. You need to mix at least 3 songs in 10min.
- Final Round: 20 min set. You need to mix at least 4 songs in 20 minutes.
- USBs and CDs only. Equipment onsite are the Pioneers 2000s
- No software/computers allowed
- No music on phones
DJ Judging Guidelines:
- You will be judged on music selection, mixing and flow and stage presence.
- GoGo Dancers
GoGo Dancers – Check in between 7:00p to 8:00pm
- Come in full GoGo attire (your choice of outfit)
- Two rotations/sets, two minutes each.
- You will be judged on your dancing ability and your high energy stage presence
To all performers, make sure you bring your A game, a positive attitude with a smile attached PLUS your friends and supporters as they will help to keep the energy off the roof!
There will be a panel of judges including Drag artists, club Djs, promoters, professional dancers and volunteers.
DOORS OPEN AT 5:30 pm and close at 10:00 pm.
Drink specials will be available. Stay and party after your audition!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we welcome your thoughts and comments, nevertheless please be respectful and courteous with others. Be positive and mindful of others feelings. Thank you, see you at the auditions.