Calling All Performers!
Did you know that Denver’s PrideFest is the largest LGBTQ pride event in the Rocky Mountain region? Apply to audition and you could have the chance to perform, DJ or dance in front of over 425,000 attendees!
Audition #1: Denver Area Center Stage & U.S. Bank Latin Stage Performers
Please Note: We are no longer accepting applications for Center Stage & U.S. Bank Latin Stage performers.
Audition #2: DJs & Go-Go Dancers for Smirnoff DanceWorld
WHEN: TUE, APRIL 16, 2019 | 5:00PM
WHERE: THE TRIANGLE | 2036 N BROADWAY, DENVER, CO, 80205
Please Note: We are no longer accepting applications for DJs or Go-Go Dancers.
ASL interpretation will be provided at the audition.
Please read ALL of the following information, as you are responsible for adhering to all of the audition guidelines to ensure you do not lose your audition slot:
- DJs check-in is from 5:00-5:30pm.
- DJ auditions begin at 5:30pm.
- Go-Go Dancer check-in is from 5:00-6:30pm.
- Slots are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. The Stage Manager will manage time slots and communicate with performers on-site. Please stay at the venue to wait your turn, so that you can be notified by the Stage Manager when your time slot is coming.
- NO LATE CHECK-INS ACCEPTED FOR DJs. If you have not checked in by 5:30pm, your slot will go to someone else.
All DJs must go through a pre-screening in Round 1, which starts promptly at 5:30pm. Plan on being at the club until 8:00pm if you make it to Round 2 (Finals). All music formats welcome (Country, Latin, House, Top 40 Remixes, etc.)
- Round 1 (Pre-Screening): 10 minute set per DJ. Need to mix at least 3 songs in 10 minutes.
- Round 2 (Finals): 20 minute set per DJ. Need to mix at least 4 songs in 20 minutes.
- No bands or singers that require additional sound setup.
- Please bring your music on a CD or USB in .mp3 format. No exceptions! Equipment on-site includes the Pioneer CDJ 2000s & Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus.
- No software or computers allowed. No controllers allowed. No exceptions!
We are looking for dancers of all genders, ethnicities, shapes, and sizes. Please make sure to showcase your personality through costuming and movement onstage. Have fun and be comfortable in your own skin!
- Go-Go Dancers will dance to music provided by the DJ auditioners. Direction will be given to Go-Go Dancers after you check in.
- What we are looking for: Dancers with high energy and skill level, as well as an ability to spark crowd participation.
- We will be judging in real time, and the audience votes on which Go-Go Dancers move on to the next round.
- Bring whatever costume you plan to dance in. Changing areas will be provided.
Judging Guidelines & Audition Tips:
Make sure to bring your “A” game, a positive attitude with a smile, along with as many of your friends and supporters as you can round up to attend and keep the energy high!
The judges will evaluate DJs on the 3 following criteria: Music Selection, Mixing Flow, and Stage Presence.
You must mix out of the DJ before you go without stopping down on the music, as this is how it will be played at Denver PrideFest.
The audience is voting, so bring your friends and family with you! Are you entertaining? Do you have high energy? Do you have stage presence and an ability to connect with the audience?
Please Note: Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we welcome your thoughts and feedback, nevertheless please be respectful and courteous with others. Let’s all keep it positive and be mindful of other people’s feelings.